Friday 20 February 2009

Welcome!

Greetings Headcrab Fans, and welcome to the Life with Lamarr Blog - 'the webcomic that makes awesome look tame'.

I thought I'd keep the blog kind of separate from the comic - reason being, there seem to be many webcomics which present you with a 3-panel strip and then the author follows it with a 4,000 word treatise on how their entire life is going, with some defiant apologies for why they haven't bothered to update for the last couple of months.

Like we care! We just want the comic!

However, just in case people with more room in their heart than I have do care, if you want to read a webcomic's blog then here it is.

'Life with Lamarr' is still an infant comic, but assisted with some carefully-placed ads via 'Project Wonderful' we seem to be doing OK. 'The Spoony Experiment' seems to have been an especially rich source of visitors - social networking sites are a complete waste of time. So we live and learn!

One question that you may or may not wonder - as we are now at a point where Magnusson is poised to ride a T-rex with death-ray eyes over City Seventeen and Lamarr was just involved in a swordfight with another headcrab - is, do I make all this junk up as I go along or is there a grand plan?

Surprisingly, there is - I don't work a script out to the n'th degree because then I get bored when it comes to making the poses and dialogue, but I do have a sketched outline which means I know where the story is going. The ultimate fate of all the characters in this particular tale are already decided and the grand conclusion of this chapter should occur in 6 strips or so!

As to the website, one omission that I will correct is a page detailing credit for all the people who have made various mods that have made the stories possible, i.e. the T-Rex model, the swords, special G-Mod tools etc. Generally they don't even ask for credit, but they deserve it nonetheless. If anyone out there has their own ideas about what's missing from the site, do let me know - via the message board, or mail me at co@comicsfromthemindof.co.uk

With that thought in mind - onwards!

Co




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I got here thanks to your ad on the Spoony Experiment. :-) I'm enjoying LWL immensely already...I think my favorite character has definitely got to be Da Breen. Keep it up!

Post a Comment